[closed] Re: Embedding one pipeline into another (or "defaulting pipeline libraries")

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 15:43:39 -0500
To: public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org
/ Vasil Rangelov <boen.robot@gmail.com> was heard to say:
| Right now, it seems that if a pipeline author wants to use an addition
| pipeline in another one, they must import the pipeline from another file
| with p:import.
|
| Embedding the pipeline into the same file is currently impossible, and yet
| may be desirable (or required, though I can't image THAT one) in certain
| circumstances.

Our recent syntax changes have made it possible for pipelines to be
embedded lexically within each other. I believe that change resolves
this issue.

Thanks for taking the time to review our spec.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | No man is exempt from saying silly
http://nwalsh.com/            | things; the mischief is to say them