The 'href' attribute

From: <Toman_Vojtech@emc.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 06:44:58 -0500
To: <public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org>

Hi all,

The specification uses the 'href' attribute for referring to external
content (p:document) or external locations (p:load, p:store, p:log). It
is also used in c:error and c:request elements. I wonder if this
attribute shouldn't be renamed to 'uri' which I think would a more
adequate name.

In my view, the XProc engine just reads content from (or writes content
to) a location represented by a certain URI. When I see the name 'href',
I sort of expect some kind of a (HTML-like) hyperlink semantics, but I
think in XProc it is something more generic.

Vojtech Toman
Principal Software Engineer
EMC Corporation

Aert van Nesstraat 45