p:www-form-urldecode clarifications

From: <Toman_Vojtech@emc.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 03:33:17 -0500
To: <public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org>

Hi all,

Section 7.2.7 (p:www-form-urldecode) contains a note that says:

"If any parameter name occurs more than once in the encoded string, the
resulting parameter set will contain a c:param for each instance."

Shouldn't we add something along the lines: "The c:param elements in the
resulting parameter set appear in the same order as the corresponding
name/value pairs in the "value" option."?

The most important consequence of this would be that it would guarantee
that the output of p:www-form-urldecode would be the same across
different XProc implementations. Also, in the case of duplicate
parameters, it would be clear what to do.

--

err:XC0037 says that: "I this a dynamic error if the value provided is
not a properly x-www-form-urlencoded value."

I think this error could also cover the case where the decoded parameter
name is not a valid QName (or even stricter, a valid NCName??? - but
that depends what we say about names that contains a colon).