processor switches

From: James Fuller <james.fuller.2007@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 17:46:10 +0200
To: public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org

I know that W3 tends to avoid specifying any technology at this
level....but there are times with XSLT processors, and other
processors that I wished I could invoke processor switches (typically
invoked from commandline) at markup level.

for purposes of xproc perhaps we could consider a standard input port,
which could bring in name/value pairs in a simple XML document (could
leave this level of detail to implementator)

thx, Jim Fuller