[Vasil Rangelov] RE: is p:inline underspecified?

Forwarded message 1

  • From: Vasil Rangelov <boen.robot@gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 10:24:19 +0000
  • Subject: RE: is p:inline underspecified?
  • To: <public-xml-processing-model-comments-request@w3.org>
Char encoding is (most probably) inherited from the pipeline, and whitespace is probably handled the same way the XML parser handled the pipeline. Those should probably be stated in the spec explicitly though.

Why have DOE? Give at least one use case for it. It made sense in XSLT 1.0, but in XProc, it doesn't, and that has been one of the most misused features in XSLT 1.0. If it is to be included here, there's got to be a pretty damn good reason for it.

What will this "wrap element" option do? I can't figure it out... example?