Re: more p:output thoughts

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 11:32:23 -0400
To: James Fuller <james.fuller.2007@gmail.com>
Cc: public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org
/ Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> was heard to say:
| Indeed. Actually, I think that our very recent decision to forbid
| completely empty compound steps removes all the practical value in
| allowing p:document inside p:output so I think I'm going to argue that
| we remove it.

Or not. I've changed my mind. We still need p:pipe so we might as well
allow all three. But I agree it needs to be very clear that those are
*inputs* that will be written to the port for output, not places where
the output *goes*.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Everything should be made as simple as
http://nwalsh.com/            | possible, but no simpler.