Re: unit testing Xproc thoughts

> / James Fuller <james.fuller.2007@gmail.com> was heard to say:
> | At a minimum I would propose some sort of p:assert task that compares
> | values....typically xml trees. From an implementators viewpoint, this
> | could be as simple as wrapping up xmlunit.
>
> Pointer to xmlunit?

http://xmlunit.sourceforge.net/

use it all the time, eXist database has a good example wrapper around it

> There's a proposal to add a p:equal step. I implemented one myself
> for...running the unit tests in the test collection :-)

this would all be simple with a p:xpath type step....would mean
avoiding rebuilding the xpath wheel...would be esp. useful if we had a
step reuse mechanism that provided default values...hehe, ok I will
stop banging that drum.

> | Have the WG for XML Processing thought about this scenario
>
> We haven't discussed it yet, but a concrete proposal with all the
> signatures that you'd like would be useful.

will have a think

cheers, Jim Fuller