Re: unit testing Xproc thoughts

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 16:29:15 -0400
To: James Fuller <james.fuller.2007@gmail.com>
Cc: public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org
/ James Fuller <james.fuller.2007@gmail.com> was heard to say:
| At a minimum I would propose some sort of p:assert task that compares
| values....typically xml trees. From an implementators viewpoint, this
| could be as simple as wrapping up xmlunit.

Pointer to xmlunit?

There's a proposal to add a p:equal step. I implemented one myself
for...running the unit tests in the test collection :-)

| Have the WG for XML Processing thought about this scenario?

We haven't discussed it yet, but a concrete proposal with all the
signatures that you'd like would be useful.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | It is not failure of others to
http://nwalsh.com/            | appreciate your abilities that should