comment on XML ID appendix E

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 15:32:55 +0000
To: public-xml-id@w3.org

I have a comment on

http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/REC-xml-id-20050909/#id-avn

Specifically the text:

[[

Note:

For interoperability, document producers <a title="Must, May, etc."
href="#dt-must">should</a>
]]

I suggest

[[
Note (normative):

For interoperability, document producers <a title="Must, May, etc."
href="#dt-must">should</a>
]]

or

[[

Note:

For interoperability, document producers are advised to
]]

would be better.

(i.e. in my view, it is good policy to only use the RFC 2119 keywords
with their full force in normative text. In informative text, it is best
to avoid the keywords, lest their be confusion as to the intended force
of the statement).

I have a mild preference for the former change - I think this 'should'
does deserve RFC 2119 force.

Jeremy