Re: again, canonicalization, and adoption

On Thu, Aug 25, 2005 at 02:52:10PM -0400, Elliotte Harold wrote:
> >But insofar as an existing C14N implementation will not
> >work properly with xml:base and xml:id, there doesn't
> >seem to be any easy way to address this other than
> >not using xml:base and xml:id or not using the C14N
> >implementations that have this problem.
>
> It's not the implementations that have this problem. It's the spec. All
> conformant implementations have this problem.

  I will double check with Aleksey Sanin, but it is clear that
those conflict can be detected trivially by c14n implementations,
and I expect to patch libxml2 to raise a non-fatal error when such xml:id
propagation occurs within c14n. If people use an up-to-date toolkit
then I would expct this problem to be raised at runtime.

Daniel