Re: tag name state

On 02/03/2012 13:09, Marcos Caceres wrote:

> Use case is clear, right? Being fault tolerant. XML-ER will give you
>  a data structure that can then be serialized to XML 1.0…

Stated that way, the current draft could be said to meet this use case,
so long as you used some custom xml-er serialisation rather than xml
serialisation of the tree, to apply fixup to names etc.

But this means that the only way to use xml-er in an xml pipeline is to
parse with xml-er, serialise to xml so fixup is applied. Then re-parse
as xml.

I would hope that we can have a stronger use case that if the xml-er
parser is generating a tree then that tree should be usable in XML
applications that accept tree input. ("tree" here being used loosely for
anything that isn't the serialised document form, DOM or SAX events, or,
...)

Thus I'd like it to be the case that the output from xml-er is
guaranteed to be equivalent to the output of an xml parser from some input.

David