Re: Two Specs and Test Suite

From: Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 15:39:31 -0500
To: Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com>
CC: W3C XML-ER Community Group <public-xml-er@w3.org>

On 2/27/2012 3:09 PM, Jeni Tennison wrote:
> Therefore, I propose that we do both. Further, I'm happy to edit the
> declarative-style specification unless there's someone else who wants to
> do it. Are there any objections to that as a way forward?

I've been thinking the same thing, but have been reluctant to propose it
because I don't think I have the time to take the lead in editing.

At the very least, translating the state-transition formulation into
something else more declarative, or failing that perhaps functional, seems
to me a good exercise in making sure we've understood the behavior of the
former.

I'm not sure how much time I can commit, but I'd be glad to try and help
out at least informally.

Thank you!

Noah