Re: What about characters outside of those expressible in XML?

On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 16:06:37 +0100, David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
wrote:
> which is compatible with XML 1.1 but not 1.0, I suppose at some point
> (not today probably:-) we need to take a decision on what compatibility
> with xml means.

Compatibility means that conforming XML 1.0 input does not change. Whether
all non-conforming XML 1.0 input remains non-conforming is the question we
have to address at some point I suppose, but it seems pretty clear that
treating control characters the same way as HTML and XML 1.1 do is a win.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/