Re: error recovery

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 07:32:15 -0500
To: W3C XML-ER Community Group <public-xml-er@w3.org>
I'm coming around to the view expressed by Noah and David (and others)
that we'd be better off casting this as a new set of parsing rules for
interpreting some sequences of characters that resemble XML but are
not well-formed in a way that deterministicly produces a tree.

I think when the process finishes, and we have a tree (if we have a
tree), it will be possible (for a human) to look back and say, we got
this tree by correcting these errors in these ways. But I'm not sure
we should limit ourselves to describing the process in a way that
guarantees that the XML-ER parser knows this.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh