Re: Charter

From: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 18:40:26 +0100
To: public-xml-er@w3.org
Liam R E Quin Wed, 15 Feb 2012 20:59:06 +0100
> I'm trying to make sure that we enable user agents to give warning
> messages to developers and authors. One somewhat different strategy for
> error recovery (unlikely to fly for a Web browser but very suitable for
> an XML editor) might be
> (1) parse as XML
> (2) on error, offer to load a DTD (often the only way to deal with
> "unknown entity" error)

W3C's own browser editor - Amaya - does it differently: It "presses"
the user to fix well-formed errors. But when that has been done, and
only unknown attributes and elements are left, then allows you to work
on your document - but continues to display a red button to signal that
there are errors.

--
Leif Halvard Silli