Re: Entities (Re: Chairs)

From: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 11:45:45 +0100
Cc: public-xml-er@w3.org
To: Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz>
On Feb 16, 2012, at 09:24 , Jirka Kosek wrote:
> another idea which I'm not sure should be put into charter.
>
> Should XML-ER recognize all W3C character entities and convert them into
> appropriate Unicode character even when entities are not defined (either
> definition is completely missing or external subset with definitions is
> not fetched).

+1 on the idea, -1 on putting it in the charter.

The idea we initially had when talking about the charter was that we wanted to make it 100% from go that we were going to minimise reinvention and therefore wanted to circumscribe things. Hence the reuse from XML/HTML5 line. I'm not sure if we should start putting every requirement into it :)

I've created:

    http://www.w3.org/community/xml-er/wiki/Requirements

that way people with valid requirements like the above can document them there.