Re: ACTION to draft the 'copy without namespaces' proposal

On 26.11.2014 22:20, Paul Grosso wrote:
> Right but (pardon my XSD ignorance) would it be an error to add:
>
> <xs:anyAttribute
> namespace="|http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude/local-attributes|"
> processContents="lax"/>
>
> to the XSD (even though ##other covers that) by way of being
> explicit and self-documenting the namespace name in the XSD?

Surprisingly, there can be only one anyAttribute in complexType defined,
so we can't add this we already have
<xs:anyAttribute namespace="##other" processContents="lax"/>

> Well, that's a good point, but Jirka's email suggested exactly
> what I was saying (and recorded in the minutes of our telcon),
> so if you don't think we should give people a way to delete an
> attribute, it's something we should discuss further.

I think I was wrong in this, I was thinking along the lines of
set-xml-id where we need mechanism for deleting @xml:id at that time.
But for other attributes I think that we can live with the ability to
override attribute value with empty string on inclusion. At least this
covers use-cases I have in mind like overriding profiling attributes.

> I see four options:
>
> 1.  there is no way to delete such an attribute;
> 2.  null string deletes the attribute and there is no way to
>     set such an attribute to the null string;
> 3.  null string deletes the attribute and we come up with some way
>     to set such an attribute to the null string--like xila:foo="#null#";
> 4.  null string sets the attribute to the null string and we come up
>     with some way to delete such an attribute--like xila:foo="#delete#".
>
> None of them thrill me, but I can't think of another option.

Option 5: We can introduce attribute named delete-attributes which will
contain list of QNames of attributes to delete.

For now, I think that we can miss this feature. I would wait for another
round of feedback before introducing more complexity into the spec.

    Jirka

     Professional XML and Web consulting and training services
DocBook/DITA customization, custom XSLT/XSL-FO document processing