W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xml-core-wg@w3.org > May 2013

Minutes for XML Core WG telcon of 2013 May 29

From: Paul Grosso <paul@paulgrosso.name>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 10:58:52 -0500
Message-ID: <51A625BC.9070902@paulgrosso.name>
To: public-xml-core-wg@w3.org

Attendees
---------
Norm
Paul
Liam
John

[4 organizations (7 with proxies) present out of 8]

Regrets
-------
Henry
Mohamed, proxy to the chair
Jirka, proxy to the chair
Daniel, proxy to the chair


Absent organizations
--------------------
Innovimax (with regrets, proxy to the chair)
Red Hat (with regrets, proxy to the chair)
Univ of Edinburgh (with regrets)
Univ of Econ, Prague (with regrets, proxy to the chair)


Our next telcon is June 12.


> 1. Accepting the minutes from the last telcon [3] and
>   the current task status [2] (have any questions, comments,
>   or corrections ready by the beginning of the call).
>

Accepted.


>
> 2. Miscellaneous administrivia and document reviews.
>
> XML Activity AC Review
> ----------------------
> The XML Activity AC review was open through April 26.
>
> There were some comments about modifications to the charter.
> Liam sent mail at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2013May/0010
> and we will ask him to elaborate.
>

Comments:

1.  Add XML Normalization spec from XML Security WG:
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Drafts/xml-norm/Overview.html

2.  XML Schema SCDs will probably become a note and
     NOT come to XML Core.

So we have to comment upon the request for our WG to
take the XML Normalization spec to Rec.  It appears
to be just and editor's draft so far.

John is planning to read the draft before out next telcon.

Liam tells us that some people from the (closing) XML
Security WG are willing to join XML Core.

Norm isn't happy about the Web IDL stuff.

We don't feel that we would have the time, energy, or
expertise if none of the existing editors join the WG.

Liam plans to suggest to W3M that we add discussion of
XML Normalization to our charter but not yet put it on
the Rec track for now.  If we get the necessary participants
and we feel we have the ability to produce a Rec, we will
revise our charter so to do.

> xmlspec.xsl and diffspec.xsl
> ----------------------------
> Paul sent email about this at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2012Nov/0014
>
> ACTION to Norm:  Come up with (and implement) a plan to
> reorganize xmlspec.xsl and diffspec.xsl to "do the right thing."
>
>
> DOM4
> ----
> Henry reported that DOM4 has removed (or deprecated) access to the
> XML Declaration. Our Infoset spec says that standalone, version,
> and the encoding are part of the information content of an XML
> document.
>
> Henry and Paul think the XML Core WG should send an email
> to the Web Applications Working Group (public-webapps@w3.org)
> to reinstate the parts of the xml decl that are in the Infoset.
>
> Henry drafted a potential comment at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2013Feb/0023
>
> John filed some thoughts to the contrary at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2013Feb/0026
>
> Henry figures we should discuss this some more.
> Norm is having a hard time caring about all this.
>
> Henry reached out to the webapps working group at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2013Apr/0009
> to try to collect some more data on this issue.
>
> 3.  XML Test Suite.
>
> See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xml-test-suite
>
> ACTION to Henry: Construct a test case for the XML test suite
> issues raised by Frans Englich:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-testsuite/2007Mar/
>
>
> 4.  LEIRIs--see http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#leiri
>
> We have planned to issue the following spec editions referencing
> LEIRIs (and any outstanding errata):
>
> * XML 1.0 6th Edition (John to be editor)
> * XML 1.1 3rd Edition (John to be editor)
> * XInclude 3rd Edition (Paul to be editor)
>
> but all this is on hold awaiting resolution of IRIbis.
> Henry has been added as an editor and there is now a new draft,
> draft-lilley-xml-mediatypes-00 at
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lilley-xml-mediatypes-00
> We now await this going through the IETF process.
>
>
> 5.  XInclude 1.1--see http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xinclude
>
> On 2012 February 14, we published
> XInclude 1.1 Requirement and Use Cases
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xinclude-11-requirements/
>
> On 9 October 2012, we published our FPWD of XInclude 1.1 at
> http://www.w3.org/XML/2012/10/WD-xinclude-11-20121009/
>
> On 15 January 2013, we published our (first) Last Call of
> XInclude 1.1 at
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-xinclude-11-20130115/
> and Paul sent the transition announcement at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2013Jan/0012
> (also cc-ing the chairs mailing list).
>
> To date, there has been one comment posted to
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-xml-xinclude-comments/
> (now captured in our DoC).
>
> Norm posted announcement of the XInclude 1.1 Last Call
> to the DocBook list and there have been several comments at
> https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook/201301/threads.html#00005
>
> Norm posted announcement of the XInclude 1.1 Last Call
> to the xml-dev list at
> http://lists.xml.org/archives/xml-dev/201302/msg00023.html
> (I don't see any comments to date--Norm, please check this.)
>
> Norm has started a DoC at
> http://www.w3.org/XML/2013/05/xinclude-11-lc-doc/
>
> ACTION to Norm: Augment the DoC with DocBook list comments
> and our discussion/decision for the Erik Wilde comment.

Norm has updated the DoC at
http://www.w3.org/XML/2013/05/xinclude-11-lc-doc/
with DocBook comments.

We have less than a half dozen comments, none of them
appearing difficult/substantial.

Norm will suggest responses in most cases and produce
a new editor's draft addressing comments so that we can
see if we can get approval from all commentors.  Assuming
we do, we plan for the next draft to be a CR.

Norm will try to have the next draft in time for review
at the June 26 telcon.

>
> ACTION to Norm: Create an Implementation Report document for
> XInclude 1.1.
>
> Liam reminds us we will need a test suite too.
>
>
> 6. MicroXML
>
> MicroXML is not in our new charter, but we can discuss it.
> We will leave this as an ongoing item in our standing agenda.
>
>
> paul
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core
> [2] http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#tasks
> [3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2013May/0008
>
>
>
>
>
>
Received on Wednesday, 29 May 2013 15:59:24 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:16:45 UTC