Re: Fwd: Thanks for clarifying the "Attribute Copying" feature in W3C Working Draft 25 July 2013

From: Liam R E Quin <liam@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2013 16:48:18 -0400
To: Paul Grosso <paul@paulgrosso.name>
Cc: public-xml-core-wg@w3.org
On Mon, 2013-08-05 at 15:26 -0500, Paul Grosso wrote:

> I'm confused.
>
> I don't know why I would have gotten a copy unless he bcc-ed
> me, since I wasn't cc-ed visibly.

Looks like that's what he must have done. I deduce this because I didn't
get any mail bounces from his message, but I did from others.

> And why can't you just approve it now?
I no longer have a copy (it's not even in my archive, although I do
remember seeing it. So today I discovered that my mailer has started
considering the incoming archive to be writeable, and I'll fix that)

> And what record do we have of what message arriving where?
The systems team had a record of Hussein's message being sent to Carine
and I for archive approval, but no record of the message being sent out.

> And why is all this so hard?  What about the process is not
> working the way it's supposed to work?
I made a mistake (deleted a message accidentally, I think) and
discovered my mailer now deletes the corresponding messages from my
incoming archives. I'll look into why, and stop it, but I can't undo it.

The message came to me as an external posting.

If anyone else got a copy, though, please let me know.

Liam