Re: XInclude questions

On 2012-06-13 08:26, Norman Walsh wrote:
> As outlined in the requirements document, http://www.w3.org/TR/xinclude-11-requirements/
> there seem to be two large questions to answer wrt designing XInclude 1.1.
>
> 1. What attribute should hold the fragment identifier?
>
>     a. xpointer, despite the fact that XPointer is specifically about XML
>     b. textpointer, as a parallel to xpointer
>     c. fragid, deprecating xpointer
>
> 2. What attributes should be copied from the XInclude element to the
>     root(s) of the included content?
>
>     a. all of them
>     b. all except href, parse, xml:base, and xml:lang
>     c. only namespace qualified attributes
>     d. only non-namespace-qualified attributes
>     e. the attributes to be copied could be explicitly enumerated in a new attribute
>
>     And there's the question of if a new attribute should be added to the included
>     elements that enumerates the attributes copied.
>
> For what it's worth, my initial inclinations are 1c and 2c. I really don't like 2e.

By way of rounding up a few more comments/issues:

Jirka's comments at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2012Apr/0002
have him preferring 2c, but then he raises the following:
Should be xml:id copied to included root element?

Daniel's comments at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2012Apr/0010
have him raising the issue about there possibly not being a root
included element (if what is included is multi-rooted well balanced
chunks and/or even pure text).