Re: First draft of XInclude 1.1

From: Paul Grosso <paul@paulgrosso.name>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 15:55:39 -0500
To: public-xml-core-wg@w3.org

On 2012-08-23 13:41, Norman Walsh wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Here's the first draft of XInclude 1.1:
>
>     http://www.w3.org/XML/2012/08/xinclude-11/
>
> The diff-markup version is the place to start as not much has changed:
>
>     http://www.w3.org/XML/2012/08/xinclude-11/diff.html
>
> My goal for this draft was simply to get the changes we've agreed to
> recorded somewhere in the document. I made a few other fixes as I saw
> them, but I haven't gone through to see where else changes are
> required for consistency.

Thanks, Norm, generally looks good.

Something inside me wonders if we should make the type
of parse xs:token instead of xs:string, but I could go
either way.

The Note under the description of fragid should read instead:

  Since the |fragid| attribute is not a URI reference, '%' is an
  ordinary character in the value of the fragid attribute.

Under 4.3 Attribute Copying, you've got:
  [Definition: top-level included item]
which doesn't look like a definition to me.

We should probably add to appendix C an example or two using
fragid.