Re: Agenda for XML Core WG telcon of 2012 April 18

From: John Cowan <cowan@mercury.ccil.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 22:16:31 -0400
To: Liam R E Quin <liam@w3.org>
Cc: Glenn Marcy <gmarcy@us.ibm.com>, public-xml-core-wg@w3.org
Liam R E Quin scripsit:

> In Canada and I think the US there's a brand that sells bottled fruit
> juice with a picture of a tiny woman on the front and the name "minute
> maid"... although after asking for one and being laughed at I discovered
> that it's supposed to be "minnit" as in time and not "mynyoot" as in
> "diminutive" :-)

There is indeed.  The company's original product was orange-juice
concentrate, with about 80% of the water removed by freeze-drying.
The idea was that you could reconstitute it within a minute.  They still
sell it, including to makers of "fresh" orange juice.  So if you wish
to avoid this, look for "not from concentrate" on the label.

Of course, if you say "mynyoot" instead of "mynoot", people may still
laugh at you, but them's the breaks.

--
John Cowan  cowan@ccil.org  http://ccil.org/~cowan
In computer science, we stand on each other's feet.