TPAC topic: Errata in XML 1.0

From: Grosso, Paul <pgrosso@ptc.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 12:54:22 -0400
To: <public-xml-core-wg@w3.org>
We have received several potential errata against XML 1.0 5th Ed at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-editor/2011OctDec/0000
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-editor/2011OctDec/0001

Both are about "ambiguity" in the productions.

Paul asks:
Did we ever say or imply that the productions in the spec
were non-ambiguous?  Is the right response to these issues
simply that we never said the productions were non-ambiguous,
and if a parser writer wants or needs to translate them into
equivalent non-ambiguous versions, that's fine, but there is
nothing wrong with the productions in the spec?