Re: Multiple stylesheet PIs

Innovimax W3C writes:

> We should just ask the Browser vendor to do the same
>
> The idea being : they generate with the first PI
> And they add the list of other PI such that the user can change the content
> of the page

The problem is, the CSS story depends on the fact that CSS has a
well-defined mechanism for merging stylesheets and resolving any
resulting conflicts.  XSLT doesn't, or rather, it has several, and we
would need to specify in some detail which mechanism, and how.  Would
we use xsl:include semantics, or xsl:import?  Or, for example, suppose
there were _three_ xmlss PIs with the same title, would the first
include the second and third, or the first include the second which
includes the third, or the opposite order, or . . .?

ht
                Fax: (44) 131 651-1426, e-mail: ht@inf.ed.ac.uk