XML Core WG Status and Open Actions as of 2011 July 5

From: Grosso, Paul <pgrosso@ptc.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 09:24:27 -0400
To: <public-xml-core-wg@w3.org>

The XML Core WG telcons are every other week.

Our next telcon will be 2011 July 13.

Status and open actions

TPAC week
TPAC will be 31 October through 4 November 2011 in Santa Clara
California.  We are planning to have a f2f during this week:
http://www.w3.org/2011/11/TPAC/ - Meeting Overview page.

Registration is now open:
The XML Core WG is meeting Thursday and Friday of the TPAC week.

Likely attendance:

Probably will:  Paul, Norm, Henry, Liam
Maybe:  Mohamed
Most likely won't:  John, Daniel, Jirka, Glenn

Request for explanation of namespaces and attributes
An official request for an explanation of how namespaces affect
attributes an has been sent to xml-editor, archived at

Henry has already made a brief reply at
and Bjoern Hoehrmann made a reply on www-tag at

We should work up an official reply.  Since our next telcon isn't
for two weeks, I'd like to start that in email.

Does anyone volunteer to come up with a draft for us?

LEIRIs and new editions
We continue to wait to see what might happen with IRIbis.

XML 1.0 6th Edition and XML 1.1 3rd Edition
ACTION to John:  Update the XML sources for XML 1.0 and 1.1
to reflect any errata and the LEIRI reference.

On hold awaiting resolution of IRIbis.

XInclude 3rd Edition
ACTION to Paul:  Update the XML sources for Xinclude to reflect
any errata and the LEIRI reference.

On hold awaiting resolution of IRIbis.

The ballot has been approved.  There were four comments which
need to be addressed which means there will probably be another
ISO vote.

Some of the comments led us to tweak our Note.

Paul prepared an updated draft of the WG Note at

The WG had CONSENSUS to publish XML Model 2nd Ed whose draft is at

ACTION to Paul:  Publish XML Model 2nd Ed WG Note.