FW: Discontinuing UK and FR dial-in numbers for Zakim

From: Grosso, Paul <pgrosso@ptc.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 13:14:41 -0400
To: <public-xml-core-wg@w3.org>

-----Original Message-----
From: chairs-request@w3.org [mailto:chairs-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Ted Guild
Sent: Monday, 2011 July 11 12:07
To: w3c-tools; chairs
Subject: Discontinuing UK and FR dial-in numbers for Zakim

Previously we announced our intent to discontinue the UK and FR
telephone dial-in numbers for Zakim in favor of a VoIP solution.

http://www.w3.org/2006/tools/wiki/Zakim-SIP

We have found the providers used to be costly and inconsistent not to
mention it raises inquiries of supporting additional dial-in numbers for
more countries.  We chose to instead invest in VoIP as an international
solution.

We will drop these numbers at the end of the month, please alert your
Working Groups.

The US number will remain available.

--
Ted Guild <ted@w3.org>