XML Core WG Status and Open Actions as of 2011 April 11

From: Grosso, Paul <pgrosso@ptc.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 12:40:55 -0400
To: <public-xml-core-wg@w3.org>

The XML Core WG telcons are every other week.

Our next telcon will be 2011 April 20.

Status and open actions

TPAC week
TPAC will be 31 October through 4 November 2011 in Santa Clara
California.  I think we should plan to have a f2f during this
week: http://www.w3.org/2011/11/TPAC/ - Meeting Overview page.

Likely attendance:

Probably will:  Paul, Norm, Henry, Liam
Maybe:  Mohamed
Most likely won't:  John, Daniel, Jirka, Glenn

XML Processor Profiles review
There is a substantially reworked XML Processing Model WG's
Last Call Working Draft of "XML processor profiles" at

John and Glenn re-reviewed the latest version
of the XML processor profiles last call draft at
and had a variety of comments at the last telcon.

***ACTION to John, Glenn:  Send your comments on the latest
version of the XML processor profiles last call draft at
to the Processing Model comments list at

Name-escaping spec
Henry sent email at
asking if we should consider producing a WG Note recommending
an escaping scheme for turning (mostly) arbitrary strings into
XML names as a Best Practice.

LEIRIs and new editions
Paul sent email at
asking for clarification of just we are planning to do in
terms of issuing new editions wrt LEIRIs.

Paul's latest assumption is that we would have the new editions
point to our WG Note which already says:

 When [IRIbis is published as an RFC], this specification will be
 re-issued to reference it in place of the extracts given below.

We are concerned that the XML specs would be normatively referencing
an RFC through a (non-normative) WG Note, so we're not sure what we
want to do here.

***ACTION to Henry:  Ping Larry Masinter (one of the authors of
IRIbis) for the latest on the IRIbis schedule.

XML 1.0 6th Edition and XML 1.1 3rd Edition
ACTION to John:  Update the XML sources for XML 1.0 and 1.1
to reflect any errata and the LEIRI reference.

XInclude 3rd Edition
ACTION to Paul:  Update the XML sources for Xinclude to reflect
any errata and the LEIRI reference.

Associating Stylesheets
See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#assoc-ss

AssocSS 2nd Ed is now a Recommendation at

***ACTION to Henry: Update the Errata document at

The ballot has been approved.  There were four comments which
need to be addressed which means there will probably be another
ISO vote.

Some of the comments lead us to tweak our Note.

ACTION to Paul:  Prepare an updated draft of the WG Note to
reflect the comments.