W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xml-core-wg@w3.org > November 2010

Minutes for XML Core WG telcon of 2010 November 17

From: Grosso, Paul <pgrosso@ptc.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 12:00:13 -0500
Message-ID: <9B2DE9094C827E44988F5ADAA6A2C5DA016F30A6@HQ-MAIL9.ptcnet.ptc.com>
To: <public-xml-core-wg@w3.org>
Attendees
---------
Glenn 
Norm
Paul 
Henry
Liam
Jirka

[6 organizations (6 with proxies) present out of 10]

Regrets
-------
Simon
Mohamed

Absent organizations
--------------------
Innovimax (with regrets)
Opera (with regrets)
John Cowan
Daniel Veillard


Our next telcon will be Dec 1.  Regrets from Norm.


> 1. Accepting the minutes from the last telcon [3] and
>    the current task status [2] (have any questions, comments,
>    or corrections ready by the beginning of the call).
> 

Accepted.

> 
> 2. Miscellaneous administrivia and document reviews.
> 
> TAG concern wrt 3023bis, +xml media types and fragids
> -----------------------------------------------------
> Henry sent email about this at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2010Jun/0006
> 
> 3023bis says that the +xml implies that the resource is suitable for
> processing by generic xml processors.  And it says that such xml
> processors should handle fragment ids.  Specifically, handling the
> fragment identifiers in an rdf+xml document is not something that a
> generic xml processor could do.
> 
> The TAG was leaning toward removing the statement from 3023bis that
> says that fragid syntax and semantics is something that any generic
> xml processor can handle in a +xml resource.  Noah sent email and
> Norm has replied.  See the thread at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Jun/thread.html#msg125
> 
> Somewhat related, Henry sent email about XML fragid interpretation at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2010Jun/0025
> 
> Norm and John prefer to allow RDF (and others) to be an exception,
> but the rule is that the default treatment is as specified in
> XPointer Framework.
> 
> Norm and John (among others) weighed in; see the thread at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Jun/thread.html#msg125
> and
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Jul/thread.html#msg0
> 
> Norm's latest (as of July 26, posted July 14) is at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Jul/0020
> 
> Larry replied to Norm's email at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Sep/0044
> in which, among other things, he asks for examples of
> generic XML tools which interpret fragids.
> 
> The TAG discussed this during their f2f.  Draft minutes at
> http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/10/19-minutes#item04
> 
> I'd still like to hear from Henry as to the status of this.
> 
> ACTION to Henry:  Provide a status update on the 3023bis and
> fragment identifier issue.
> 

ACTION to Henry continued.

----

Norm had a question about the XPointer registry:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2010Nov/0001

He is particularly concerned with the fact that the xpath() scheme
is listed as superceded by xpath1() and xpath2().

But it is unclear to whom one addresses oneself about issues with
things in this registry.

Henry says that the xpath() scheme request was withdrawn by the
requester, so he asked Norm to re-request an xpath() scheme.

ACTION to Norm:  Request the xpath() scheme.

----

Rechartering.  Liam wondered if the XProc and Core WGs should 
merge, but we decided against that.

Liam will develop a two year charter for XML Core consisting
of maintenance.

ACTION to Liam:  Draft a two year charter for XML Core consisting
of maintenance for review by the WG.

----

Henry said that the opportunity to include a simplified XML
serialization of RDF will be in the RDF2 draft charter.

> 
> 3.  XML 1.0--see http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xml-errata
> 
> 
> 4.  XML Test Suite.
> 
> See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xml-test-suite
> 
> ACTION to Henry:  Construct a test case for the XML test suite
> issues raised by Frans Englich:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-testsuite/2007Mar/
> 

ACTION to Henry continued.

> 
> 5.  Namespaces in XML 1.0/1.1--see
>    http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#ns1.0
>    and http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#ns1.1.
> 
> 
> 6.  LEIRIs--see http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#leiri
> 
> 
> 7.  xml:id--see http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xml-id
> 
> 
> 8.  XML Base 2nd Ed--see http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xml-base
> 
> 
> 9.  XLink 1.1--see http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xlink1.1
> 
> 
> 10.  XInclude 3rd Ed--see http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xinclude
> 
> 
> 11.  Associating Stylesheets.
> 
> See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#assoc-ss
> 
> AssocSS 2nd Ed is now a Recommendation at
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/REC-xml-stylesheet-20101028/
> 
> ACTION to Henry: Update the Errata document at
> http://www.w3.org/1999/06/REC-xml-stylesheet-19990629/errata
> 

ACTION to Henry continued.

> 
> 12.  xml-model
> 
> See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#assoc-schemas
> 
> This has been published as a WG Note at
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/NOTE-xml-model-20100415/
> 
> At
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2010Sep/0030
> Jirka indicated the ISO version of XML model is going to DIS.
> It should soon go out for vote as DIS over the next 3-4 months.
> 
> We will plan to update our WG Note to reference the ISO spec
> once it is officially available. We will also update our Note
> to reference the Rec version of AssocSS 2nd Ed when available.
> 
> 
> paul
> 
> [1] http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core
> [2] http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#tasks
> [3]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2010Oct/0006
> 
Received on Wednesday, 17 November 2010 17:00:56 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 17 November 2010 17:00:57 GMT