XML Core WG Status and Open Actions as of 2010 February 15

From: Grosso, Paul <pgrosso@ptc.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 10:35:04 -0500
To: <public-xml-core-wg@w3.org>

The XML Core WG telcons are every other week.

Our next telcon will be 2010 February 24.

Status and open actions
=======================

xml:id
------
See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xml-id

On the 2010 January 27 telcon, John and Henry agreed
to add HT's qualification [I hope he knows what this is]
to D.2 and to strike the entire final sentence from D.3.

ACTION to Henry:  Process an xml:id erratum to add HT's
qualification to D.2 and strike the entire sentence from D.3.

ACTION to Henry: Process an xml:id erratum to add a note in D.1
that the id attribute must be declared in a valid document.

XLink 1.1
---------
See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xlink1.1

and the last meetings minutes for more details.

The PR-ready draft is at
http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2004/xmlcore/xlink11/
dated for a Feb 25th publication.

ACTION to Norm:  Make the latest draft a PR.

Paul's Draft #2 PR transition request is at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2010Feb/0013

ACTION to Henry:  Approve the draft transition request.

ACTION to Paul:  Once Henry approves it, send in the transition request.

ACTION to Henry:  Schedule a PR transition call.

Associating Stylesheets
-----------------------
See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#assoc-ss

We are working toward a PER for AssocSS 2nd Edition.

We have made our latest editor's draft at
http://www.w3.org/XML/2009/12/xml-stylesheet/
publicly available for review and announced it in various fora.

There are already some comments on the comments list at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-xml-stylesheet-comments/2009Dec/

Henry has started an issues list for AssocSS at
http://www.w3.org/XML/2010/01/disposition.html

ACTION to Henry:  Incorporate some HTML 4 language to address
the holman-1 issue.

During the Feb 10 telcon, we discussed the issues and
determined proposed resolutions for each.

ACTION to Henry:  Update the AssocSS DoC with proposed resolutions.

ACTION to Henry:  Update the AssocSS draft per our proposed resolutions.

xml-model
---------
See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#assoc-schemas

We have published a first draft for public comment at
http://www.w3.org/XML/2010/01/xml-model/
and Paul announced it on chairs@w3.org at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2010JanMar/0028

ACTION to Henry:  Announce xml-model on various public fora
and provide pointers to the announcements to the WG.