Re: AssocSS issue holman-1

From: Henry S. Thompson <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 12:06:06 +0000
To: "Grosso, Paul" <pgrosso@ptc.com>
Cc: <public-xml-core-wg@w3.org>

Simon Pieters writes:

> Grosso, Paul writes:

>> I'm open to suggestions that address Ken's (first) issue.

> I think we should leave it out of scope for this spec. We can say
> explicitly that it's out of scope and left to other specs to define.

I think we have to address Ken's point to some extent.  I would
propose adding something like the following to the bullet for
xml-stylesheet processors in section 2:

 An _xml-stylesheet processor_ *should* interpret _xml-stylesheet
 processing instructions_ and their pseudo-attributes as described in
 section 4, that is, as providing links to and information about one
 or more stylesheets to be applied to the containing document.

ht
- --
                         Half-time member of W3C Team
                Fax: (44) 131 651-1426, e-mail: ht@inf.ed.ac.uk