W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xml-core-wg@w3.org > April 2010

Minutes for XML Core WG telcon of 2010 April 21

From: Grosso, Paul <pgrosso@ptc.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 11:41:53 -0400
Message-ID: <CF83BAA719FD2C439D25CBB1C9D1D3021314B70A@HQ-MAIL4.ptcnet.ptc.com>
To: <public-xml-core-wg@w3.org>

Attendees
---------
Glenn
Norm
Paul 
Henry
Liam
Daniel

[6 organizations (6 with proxies) present out of 11]

Regrets
------- 
Simon
Jirka
Mohamed

Absent organizations
--------------------
Google
Inovimax (with regrets)
Opera (with regrets)
François Yergeau
Jirka Kosek (with regrets)


Norm gives regrets for May 5.


> 1. Accepting the minutes from the last telcon [3] and
>    the current task status [2] (have any questions, comments,
>    or corrections ready by the beginning of the call).

Accepted.

> 
> 2. Miscellaneous administrivia and document reviews.
> 

TPAC first week in November in Lyon.

Norm thinks we should try to meet.  XProc WG plans to meet.

Liam says that a tentative place/date for a future of XML
is Oxford in September. 

ACTION to Paul:  Indicate that XML Core tentatively plans
to have a f2f at TPAC.

> LEIRI and the TAG
> -----------------
> See
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2010Mar/0045
> from Dan Connolly which references
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Mar/0037
> 
> I'm not sure what this is all about, but it appears Henry
> is supposed to explain it to us.
> 
> ACTION to Henry:  Explain the TAG's request to XML Core
> regarding a plan for LEIRIs.

Another WG was about to write another document about resource
identifiers in XML documents, and it thought it might be
useful to work together on this.

It turns out there is a new 3987-bis that has updated text
on LEIRI, and the idea is that the XML Core WG should update
our LEIRI note to reflect the latest (assuming we have no
objections to what it says).

Henry is asking for a URI to the latest 3987-bis.


> 
> 3.  XML 1.0--see http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xml-errata
> 
> 
> 4.  XML Test Suite.
> 
> See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xml-test-suite
> 
> ACTION to Henry:  Construct a test case for the XML test suite
> issues raised by Frans Englich:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-testsuite/2007Mar/
> 
> 
> 5.  Namespaces in XML 1.0/1.1--see
>    http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#ns1.0
>    and http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#ns1.1.
> 
> 
> 6.  LEIRIs--see http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#leiri
> 
> 
> 7.  xml:id--see http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xml-id
> 
> 
> 8.  XML Base 2nd Ed--see http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xml-base
> 
> 
> 9.  XLink 1.1.
> 
> See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xlink1.1
> 
> The XLink 1.1 PR was published at
>  http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/PR-xlink11-20100225/
> 
> The review was successful.  There was one typo to be corrected and
> an appendix outlining changes from the 1.0 spec to be added per
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ac-forum/2010JanMar/0096
> 
> ACTION to Liam:  Write a director's decision and proceed
> taking XLink 1.1 to Rec.
> 
> ACTION to Norm as editor:  Produce a REC-ready draft, correcting
> a typo and adding a brief appendix outlining changes between
> XLink 1.0 and XLink 1.1.

ACTION to Norm continued.

> 
> 10.  XInclude 3rd Ed--see http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xinclude
> 
> 
> 11.  Associating Stylesheets.
> 
> See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#assoc-ss
> 
> Associating stylesheets with XML version 1.0 is at:
> http://www.w3.org/1999/06/REC-xml-stylesheet-19990629/
> 
> The Errata document is at:
> http://www.w3.org/1999/06/REC-xml-stylesheet-19990629/errata
> 
> We are working toward a PER for AssocSS 2nd Edition.
> 
> Our latest public draft is at
> http://www.w3.org/XML/2010/04/xml-stylesheet/
> 
> Paul has already sent in the Transition Request at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2010Apr/0034
> 
> ACTION to Henry: Update the DoC with pointers to commentors'
> acceptance and Daniel Glazman's comment thread, to wit:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-xml-stylesheet-comments/2010Mar/0000

Done.

> 
> ACTION to Liam:  Arrange for the necessary PER telcon
> for AssocSS 2nd Edition.

In progress.

> 
> ACTION to Henry:  Update the PER-ready draft of AssocSS
> to reflect the new pubdate and review-end date.

Awaiting determination of the pubdate.

> 
> ACTION to Liam:  Set up the WBS for the review of the PER
> for AssocSS 2nd Edition and announce the PER review.
> 
> 
> 12.  xml-model
> 
> See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#assoc-schemas
> 
> This has been published as a WG Note at
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/NOTE-xml-model-20100415/
> 
> 
> paul
> 
> [1] http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core
> [2] http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#tasks
> [3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2010Apr/0007
> 
Received on Wednesday, 21 April 2010 15:52:56 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 April 2010 15:52:57 GMT