FW: Registration information for the 2-6 November 2009 W3C TPAC

FYI (though addressed to AC reps, it gives logistic info
relevant to all TPAC attendees).

-----Original Message-----
From: w3c-ac-forum-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-ac-forum-request@w3.org]
On Behalf Of Amy van der Hiel
Sent: Tuesday, 2009 September 22 9:12
To: w3c-ac-forum@w3.org
Cc: tp
Subject: Registration information for the 2-6 November 2009 W3C TPAC

Dear W3C AC representatives,

The W3C TPAC 09 [1] is coming up soon:  2-6 November 2009 in Santa
Clara, CA.  I am writing with some important information and reminders
on the registration and hotel deadlines.

New registration fee:
This year we have instituted a registration fee to help offset meeting
costs.  Anyone attending meetings during the day, Monday through
Friday, must register for the meeting and pay the registration fee.
Note: evening events are complimentary (if you arrive on Tuesday
evening for the AC meeting you would not be required to pay the
Tuesday registration fee). The early bird registration fee is: $50 per
person, per day.  We have extended the deadline for registration
payment to Monday 5 October [2].

Payment method:
A PayPal page [3] has been organized to collect registration fees.
Please note that you do not need a PayPal account to use the system.
PayPal accepts major credit cards. If you have any problems using the
system, please contact us at: <w3t-tpregister@w3.org>.

Fee increases and deadlines:
On 6 October the registration fee will increase to $75.  Registration
will close entirely on Friday 23 October. This is a hard deadline.
There will be no late registrations allowed after 23 October.

Limited walk-in registration and further fee increases:
After registration closes, the only option to attend meetings will be
on a limited walk-in basis.  Walk-ins will be accommodated on a space -
available basis and will be charged $150 USD per person, per day. We
strongly advise those who did not pre-registered for the meeting
against making flight arrangements  as we must reserve the right to
turn away walk-ins if we believe it will have a negative impact on
meeting space or meals. More information on registration policies,
refunds and walk-ins is available on the meeting overview page [2].

Please make every effort to register [4] for the meeting by the 5
October deadline to avoid increased fees and absolutely by the 23
October registration deadline to make certain that you are able to
attend the meeting.

Hotel deadlines:
We have negotiated a hotel room rate of $174 USD + taxes with the
Santa Clara Marriott [5].  The deadline for the reduced room rate is:
12 October 2009, 17:00 pacific time. After 12 October the room rate
will increase to the hotel's standard room rate (currently: $239).
W3C's block is filling up quickly and reservations are on a first-
come, first-served basis.  There are other outside groups meeting at
the hotel at that time so please register at the hotel sooner rather
than later.

Review of the deadlines:
5 October: $50 early bird registration ends
12 October: hotel discount rate ends [5]
23 October: registration closes [4]
2-6 November: TPAC meeting [1]

Please let us know if you have any questions. We look forward to
seeing you soon.

best regards,
Amy

1. http://www.w3.org/2009/11/TPAC/Overview.html