Re: FYI: Web Addresses vs LEIRIs

From: John Cowan <cowan@ccil.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 11:20:51 -0400
To: Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com>
Cc: XML Core <public-xml-core-wg@w3.org>
Simon Pieters scripsit:

> "As far as I can tell the LEIRI requirements aren't actually an accurate
> description of what browsers do." --

They aren't meant to be.  LEIRIs solve a problem that's basically internal
to the W3C, namely that the rules for IRI-like strings were being either
copied or linked to in a way that created nonsensical dependencies.

--
John Cowan  cowan@ccil.org    http://ccil.org/~cowan
No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the