Re: question about xlink 1.1

From: John Cowan <cowan@ccil.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 13:17:20 -0400
To: "Henry S. Thompson" <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>
Cc: "Grosso, Paul" <pgrosso@ptc.com>, public-xml-core-wg@w3.org
Henry S. Thompson scripsit:

> However, I am left with one residual query in this area:  why isn't
> href #REQUIRED in simpleAttrs in the DTD (and schemas)?  Why does the
> spec. say "it MAY be used on simple-type elements"?  What does a
> simple link w/o an href mean?

Ah, memories.  In the very first batch of comments I sent to the Linking
WG way back when, I asked what the point of one-ended links (simple or
complex) was.  I never got a very satisfactory reply.

--
All Gaul is divided into three parts: the part          John Cowan
that cooks with lard and goose fat, the part            http://ccil.org/~cowan