XML Core WG Status and Open Actions as of 2009 February 16

From: Grosso, Paul <pgrosso@ptc.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 18:12:30 -0500
To: <public-xml-core-wg@w3.org>

The XML Core WG telcons are every other week.

Our next telcon will be February 25.

To make this status report shorter, I have deleted topics
for which there is no current work and no action items.
As always, see http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#tasks
for a list of our current tasks.

Status and open actions

XML Test Suite
See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xml-test-suite

Henry/Richard discussed the test suite issues raised by Frans Englich:

ACTION: Richard to construct a test case for these issues.

Namespaces in XML 1.0/1.1
See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#ns1.0 and

The NS PE doc is at

Richard added some discussion at
The WG agreed with his direction and asked that he go forward with it.

ACTION to Richard:  Fill in a proposed resolution for NPE29.

The xml:id Recommendation is at

John Cowan submitted a proposed erratum at

Consensus:  The sentence "A document that uses xml:id attributes
that have a declared type other than xs:ID will always generate
xml:id errors" in Appendix D.3 should be deleted.

ACTION to Paul (due next week):  Update to the Errata document at

ACTION to Henry:  Think about the appropriateness of
the same sentence in Appendix D.2.

XLink 1.1
See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xlink1.1

The XLink 1.1 Last Call has been published at

The LC review period ended 16 May 2008.

Norm has prepared a DoC at

ACTION to Norm:  Update XLink 1.1 to refer to the LEIRI note.

There's an open question about whether the XSD/DTD
should default the xlink:type attribute value.
None of this effects our last call because the
XSD/DTD are not normative.

ACTION to Henry, John:  Produce a basic level
conformance XSD and RelaxNG schema for XLink.

Paul asks us to consider skipping CR and going directly to PR.

ACTION to Henry:  Review the history and make a recommendation
as to whether we should skip CR and go directly to PR.

XInclude 3rd Edition PER
See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xinclude

XInclude 2nd Edition is at:

ACTION to Daniel: Produce a PER-ready draft of XInclude 3rd Ed
with appropriate references to the IRI RFC for LEIRIs.

Associating Stylesheets
See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#assoc-ss

Associating stylesheets with XML version 1.0 is at:

The Errata document is at:

Simon has requested we consider revisions; see his email at
and his suggested draft at

ACTION to Simon:  Send emails to the list about issues with
the current spec that Simon's proposal tries to address.