W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xml-core-wg@w3.org > December 2009

XML Core WG Status and Open Actions as of 2009 December 7

From: Grosso, Paul <pgrosso@ptc.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 10:54:18 -0500
Message-ID: <CF83BAA719FD2C439D25CBB1C9D1D30211A6DA9E@HQ-MAIL4.ptcnet.ptc.com>
To: <public-xml-core-wg@w3.org>

The XML Core WG telcons are every other week.

Our next telcon will be December 16.

To make this report more manageable, I have deleted several
topics on which the status has not changed in the last couple
months and on which I don't expect the status to change soon.
These topics remain in our agenda/minutes.

Status and open actions
=======================

SC 34/WG 1 use of xml-model PI
------------------------------
SC 34/WG1 requested to be able to use xml-model for a PI target.

It has been reported that there would be problems 
with JTC1 writing the spec and then having W3C publish it.  One 
solution would be for us to write the spec (WG Note or Rec?) and 
then ISO would reference it.

Henry reports that IJ would be happy to see the WG produce a Note.

Paul wants the WG Note to be the complete spec so that someone
can reference it.

Paul wants to draft the note first as a starting point from which
ISO can write their spec--in coordination with us and as we redraft
our Note to keep it in sync--and then when they have a final spec,
we will finalize our Note with a reference to the ISO spec.

**** Now that our first draft of AssocSS is published, I'd like to
     have a WG decision as to whether we will produce a draft WG Note
     for xml-model or, if not, how we plan to proceed here.  ****

3023-bis
--------
A new proposed draft is at
http://www.w3.org/2006/02/son-of-3023/latest.html

Paul sent comments on this latest draft at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2009Nov/0054
They were mostly editorial, but Paul did request the addition of a para:

 Because applications are not required to support schemes other
 than the 'element' scheme, use of other schemes can reduce
 universal interoperability; such use SHOULD be carefully
 considered in each case.

Henry is okay with that addition.

Paul sent email to Chris at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2009Nov/0121
to request confirmation that Chris has seen these comments and
plans to incorporate them.  No response to date after several attempts.

ACTION to Henry:  Try to contact Chris to extract a response
to Paul's email.


Namespaces in XML 1.0/1.1
-------------------------
See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#ns1.0 and
http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#ns1.1.

We had a successful PER telcon on December 4, and we expect
publication of NS 1.0 3rd Ed as a Rec any day now.
 

XLink 1.1
---------
See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xlink1.1

See last meetings minutes at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2009Dec/0003
for a full list of ACTIONs to Norm.


Associating Stylesheets
-----------------------
See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#assoc-ss

We are working toward a PER for AssocSS 2nd Edition.

We have made our latest editor's draft at
http://www.w3.org/XML/2009/12/xml-stylesheet/
publicly available for review and announced it in various fora.

ACTION to Henry:  Post URLs to the announcements in xml-dev
and comp.text.xml.
Received on Monday, 7 December 2009 15:55:06 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 15:55:06 GMT