xml-model Note [was: Draft PER of Associating Style Sheets with XML documents 1.0 (Second Edition) available for review]

Now that we have made public our draft PER for AssocSS 2nd Ed--in
which we have described rules for parsing pseudo-attributes from a
string--it's time to decide how we will handle SC 34/WG1's request
to be able to use xml-model for a PI target.

It has been reported that there would be problems with JTC1 writing
the spec and then having W3C publish it.  One solution would be for
us to write the spec as a WG Note and then ISO can reference it or
otherwise incorporate it as they wish.

Henry reports that IJ would be happy to see the WG produce a Note.

Paul wants to draft the Note first as a starting point from which
ISO can write their spec--in coordination with us and as we redraft
our Note to keep it in sync--and then when they have a final spec,
we will finalize our Note with a reference to the ISO spec.

Does anyone in the WG (especially the staff contact) have any problems
with such a plan?  Unless there are major concerns, I'd like to have
a WG decision to do this by the end of next week's telcon.

Do we have any volunteers to draft such a Note?