Re: Agenda for XML Core WG telcon of 2009 April 22

From: Henry S. Thompson <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 15:32:34 +0100
To: "Grosso, Paul" <pgrosso@ptc.com>
Cc: <public-xml-core-wg@w3.org>

Grosso, Paul writes:

> 7.  xml:id
> The xml:id Recommendation is at
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/REC-xml-id-20050909/
> John Cowan submitted a proposed erratum at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2009Jan/0009
> and the WG had Consensus to do as follows:
>  The sentence "A document that uses xml:id attributes that
>  have a declared type other than xs:ID will always generate
>  xml:id errors" in Appendix D.3 should be deleted.
> ACTION to Henry:  Update the Errata document at
> http://www.w3.org/2005/09/xml-id-errata
> ACTION to Henry:  Think about the appropriateness of
> the same sentence in Appendix D.2.
> There was some more recent email on this at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2009Apr/thread.html#msg26

I would like to discuss this on the call---I'm sorry I didn't fully
understand things at the time of our initial decision, but I'm not at
this point happy with the proposed resolution.

- --
                         Half-time member of W3C Team
                Fax: (44) 131 651-1426, e-mail: ht@inf.ed.ac.uk
Version: GnuPG v1.2.6 (GNU/Linux)