RE: Pointer Methods in RDF

From: Richard Tobin <richard@inf.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 21:00:12 +0100 (BST)
To: "Grosso, Paul" <pgrosso@ptc.com>, <public-xml-core-wg@w3.org>
> > > Perhaps I am missing something, but given the phrase in the constraint
> > > itself of "except as defined by later specifications" isn't Pointer
> > > Methods in RDF an example of just the sort of specifications that we
> > > reserve these things for?

I agree with that.  We should consider whether it's a good choice,
but not oppose it jsut because it's reserved.

> > No, but we probably don't want to open the floodgates either.

There hasn't exactly been a great rush...

It might make sense for us to maintain a list of the reserved names
that have so far been used, perhaps in a (very short) Note that gets
updated when necessary.

-- Richard

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.