W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xml-core-wg@w3.org > December 2008

Minutes for XML Core WG telcon of 2008 December 17

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 11:24:04 -0500
To: public-xml-core-wg@w3.org
Message-ID: <m2iqpipy6z.fsf@nwalsh.com>
> The XML Core WG met by phone on Wednesday, December 17 for one hour.

Present: Norm (chairing and scribe), John, Glenn, Richard
Regrets: Paul

> Agenda
> ======
> 1. Accepting the minutes from the last telcon [3] and
>    the current task status [2] (have any questions, comments,
>    or corrections ready by the beginning of the call).

Accepted.

> 2. Miscellaneous administrivia and document reviews.

None.

> 3.  XML 1.0
>
> See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xml-errata
>
> The XML 1.0 5th Edition Recommendation is at
>  http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/REC-xml-20081126/

No action required.

> 4.  XML Test Suite.
>
> See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xml-test-suite
>
> ACTION to Richard:  Construct a test case for the XML test suite 
> issues raised by Frans Englich:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-testsuite/2007Mar/ 

Continued.

> 5.  Namespaces in XML 1.0/1.1
>
> See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#ns1.0 and
> http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#ns1.1.
>
> The NS 1.0 2nd Ed Errata document is at
> http://www.w3.org/XML/2006/xml-names-errata
>
> The NS PE doc is at
> http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2001/05/proposed-xml-names-errata.html
>
> Richard added some discussion at
> http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2001/05/proposed-xml-names-errata.html#npe29
> The WG agreed with his direction and asked that he go forward with it.
>
> ACTION to Richard:  Fill in a proposed resolution for NPE29.

Continued.

> 6.  LEIRIs
>
> See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#leiri
>
> The WG Note defining LEIRIs is at
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/NOTE-leiri-20081103/
>
> The following specs need to be revised to reference LEIRIs:
> XML 1.0 6th Edition
> XML 1.1 3rd Edition 
> XML Base 2nd Edition
> XLink 1.1 (First Edition)
> XInclude 3rd Edition 

ACTION: Norm to update the XLink 1.1 to refer to the LEIRI note.

> 7.  XML Base 2nd Edition 2nd PER
>
> See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xml-base
>
> The (second) XML Base (Second Edition) PER has been published at
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/PER-xmlbase-20080320/
> and announced at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2008JanMar/0112
>
> The XML Base PER review period ended 30 June 2008.
>
> Richard developed a DoC document for XML Base at
> http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2008/09/xmlbase-2e/disposition.html
>
> The lastest draft of the spec is at
> http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2006/09/xmlbase-2e/
>
> ACTION to Richard:  Make a boilerplate pass on the draft and
> then work with Paul and Henry to finalize it.

Richard: I've been editing the boilerplate and it probably passes
pubrules now. Time for Henry to move it forward.

Richard: I also had an action to check on the patent policy question.
Earlier today, I posted some mail with a note from Ian about what we
should do about that. And I've done that.

> ACTION to Henry:  Take XML Base 2nd Ed to Rec.

Henry: I've got a little bit of concern about the DoC; I don't think
it's completely up-to-date. Some of the comments say "we will".

Richard: Yes, and I have.

Henry/Richard review the DoC.

Henry: I've started drafting the transition, but the moratorium starts
tomorrow so this won't happen until January.

> 8.  XLink 1.1.
>
> See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xlink1.1
>
> The earlier XLink CR was published at
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/CR-xlink11-20060328/ 
>
> The XLink 1.1 LC was published at
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-xlink11-20080331/
>
> The LC review period ended 16 May 2008.
>
> Norm has prepared a DoC at 
> http://www.w3.org/XML/2008/05/xlinklc/
>
> ACTION to Henry:  Continue to get the XSD for
> XLink at an accessible URI.

Completed.

> There's an open question about whether the XSD/DTD 
> should default the xlink:type attribute value. 
> None of this effects our last call because the
> XSD/DTD are not normative.
>
> John asked whether we should have two schemas, one for
> each of our conformance levels.
>
> ACTION to Henry, John:  Think about having a basic level
> conformance XSD for XLink.

Continued.

John: The notion was to have a schema for people who want to implement
the basic level of conformance, so they only have simple links.

John: For the DTD, which is just a sample, we just need a smaller
subset. Likewise, the XSD should include only declarations for the
simple links.

> Paul asks us to consider skipping CR and going directly to PR.
>
> ACTION to Henry:  Review the history and make a recommendation
> as to whether we should skip CR and go directly to PR.

Continued.

> 9.  XInclude 3rd Edition
>
> See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xinclude
>
> XInclude 2nd Edition is at:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/REC-xinclude-20061115
>
> See http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xinclude for
> LEIRI-related changes for the 3rd Edition.
>
> ACTION to Daniel: Produce a PER-ready draft of XInclude 3rd Ed
> with appropriate references to the IRI RFC for LEIRIs.

Continued.

10. Any other business?

None heard. Happy holidays and Joyeux Noel! Our next meeting is on
14 Jan 2009.

> [1] http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core
> [2] http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#tasks
> [3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2008Dec/0001

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

-- 
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | On the other hand, you have different
http://nwalsh.com/            | fingers.

Received on Wednesday, 17 December 2008 16:24:49 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 17 December 2008 16:24:50 GMT