LEIRI as W3C Note

From: Phillips, Addison <addison@amazon.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 08:14:43 -0700
To: "Grosso, Paul" <pgrosso@ptc.com>
CC: "public-xml-core-wg@w3.org" <public-xml-core-wg@w3.org>, Martin Duerst <duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp>, "public-i18n-core@w3.org" <public-i18n-core@w3.org>
Dear Paul,

I'm writing on behalf of the Internationalization Core WG regarding the idea of creating a W3C-Note to define LEIRIs and which would eventually be replaced with a note referencing IRI-bis when that document is published. I believe that Martin has endorsed this idea and has volunteered to participate in order to ensure that the Note and draft-IRIbis are kept in absolute lock-step. This would have the good effect of allowing the XML Core WG to proceed with a number of stalled documents.

The Internationalization Core WG discussed this in our teleconference today [1] and would like to endorse this idea and offer any support in reviewing this work and ensuring its success.

Best Regards,

Addison

[1] http://www.w3.org/2008/08/06-core-minutes.html#item04

Addison Phillips
Chair -- W3C Internationalization Core WG

Internationalization is not a feature.
It is an architecture.