Re: problem with XML W3C Conformance Test Suite 20080205

From: Richard Tobin <richard@inf.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 15:16:48 +0100 (BST)
To: veillard@redhat.com, public-xml-testsuite@w3.org
Cc: public-xml-core-wg@w3.org

> <bar a:attr="1" a:attr="2"/>

>  Seems to me there is a typo here. This is an XML-1.0 base well-formedness
> error because it has the same attribute used twice on the element.

Yes, but it's also a namespaces error, because

  http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml-names/#uniqAttrs

says:

  In XML documents conforming to this specification, no tag may
  contain two attributes which:
  1. have identical names, or
  2. have qualified names with the same local part and with prefixes which
     have been bound to namespace names that are identical.

So this test in principle duplicates one of the plain XML tests, but
that doesn't matter (and it may in fact be different in that the
attribute has a prefix).

> I guess the intent was to have
>   <bar a:attr="1" b:attr="2"/>

That's test 036 :-)

-- Richard

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.