W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xml-core-wg@w3.org > September 2007

Minutes for XML Core WG telcon of 2007 September 26

From: Grosso, Paul <pgrosso@ptc.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 12:06:14 -0400
Message-ID: <CF83BAA719FD2C439D25CBB1C9D1D30208D94697@HQ-MAIL4.ptcnet.ptc.com>
To: <public-xml-core-wg@w3.org>



Attendees
---------
Paul 
Konrad off at xx:45
Glenn
Norm
Richard 
Liam xx:22
John xx:21
François
Daniel 

[9 organizations (9 with proxies) present out of 9]

Regrets
------- 
 Henry

Absent organizations
--------------------


> 1. Accepting the minutes from the last telcon [3] and
>    the current task status [2] (have any questions, comments,
>    or corrections ready by the beginning of the call).

Accepted.

> 
> 2. Miscellaneous administrivia and document reviews.
> 
> XML clarification
> -----------------
> Norm sent email about < in attribute values at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2007Apr/0006
> 
> Glenn's proposed wording is at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2007May/0024
> and slightly modified by
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2007May/0030
> 
> ACTION to Francois:  Add this to the PE document for countdown.

ACTION to Francois continued.

> 
> EXI first WD
> ------------
> Title: Efficient XML Interchange (EXI) Format 1.0
> Pre pub URI: http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/EXI/docs/format/exi.html
> Post pub TR URI: http://www.w3.org/TR/exi/
> 
> John's review is at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2007Aug/0012
> 
> ACTION to John:  Send in the technical comments with a note
> that we have higher level comments to come.
> 

Technical Plenary week meetings
-------------------------------
The XML Core WG plans to meet during the Technical Plenary week [I]
in Boston in November. Our WG will meet Monday and Tuesday, November 5 
and 6. All WG members are invited to attend the Technical Plenary 
meeting on Wednesday November 7. Registration [II] is now open and 
will close on 19 October 2007. Each participant is responsible for 
his own hotel reservations [III]. The hotel's discount rate will 
expire as of 3 October 2007, and the hotel expects to be sold out 
the week of our meeting.

[I] http://www.w3.org/2007/11/TPAC/overview.html
[II] http://www.w3.org/2007/11/TPAC/overview.html#Registration
[III] http://www.w3.org/2007/11/TPAC/overview.html#Hotel

ACTION to Paul:  Create a draft agenda for our TP week f2f.

> 
> 3.  C14N 
> 
> The C14N 1.1 Candidate Recommendation is published at
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/CR-xml-c14n11-20070621
> 
> Known Issues with Canonical XML 1.0 (C14N/1.0) WG Note 
> has been published at
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/NOTE-C14N-issues-20061220/
> 
> Using XML Digital Signatures in the 2006 XML Environment 
> WG Note has been published at
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/NOTE-DSig-usage-20061220/
> 
> Regarding C14N 1.1:
> Konrad had pointed out some issues with Appendix A.  He sent email
> with the latest suggested updated version of Appendix A and examples:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2007Jun/0050
> 
> There is another thread on C14N 1.1 at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2007Aug/thread.html#msg18
> 
> 
> 4.  xml:base, [baseURI], and IRIs -> HRRIs
> 
> The (Second Edition) PER has been published at
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/PER-xmlbase-20061220/ 
> 
> It's now waiting for us to say what should happen next--whether 
> we want a Director's call now or not.
> 
> We need to remember to correct the IP part of the Status section per
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-xml-linking-comments/2007JanMar/0000
> 
> Mike Kay thinks the defn of XML Resource Identifier is too vague. 
> 
> We decided to write an RFC to define XML Resource Identifier.
> The plan is to get this to an RFC and then reference it from
> XML Base (which we can then take to REC) and others. 
> 
> 
> 4.5.  HRRI RFC
> 
> The latest HRRI draft was published as an ID on May 14 at
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-walsh-tobin-hrri-01.txt
> 
> The most recent editor's draft is at
> http://www.w3.org/XML/2007/04/hrri/draft-walsh-tobin-hrri-01c.html
> 
> Henry sent email to I18N Core suggesting our LEIRI solution at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2007Aug/0032
> 
> We received a reply at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2007Sep/0008
> 
> We are still awaiting comments from Martin and a sugggested
> schedule for the RFC update from I18N Core.
> 
> 
> 5.  XLink update.
> 
> The XLink CR was published at
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/CR-xlink11-20060328/ 
> 
> The latest almost PR-ready XLink draft is at
> http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2004/xmlcore/xlink11/
> 
> Norm posted a DoC at
> http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2006/10/xlink11-doc.html
> 
> Paul wrote a SECOND draft PR request at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2006Dec/0059
> 
> ACTION to Norm:  Complete resolution of DoC.
> 
> ACTION to WG (need volunteer):  Update the Implementation Report.
> 
> ACTION to Norm:  Produce PR-ready draft.
> 
> ACTION to Norm:  Produce diff/review version.
> 
> HOWEVER, the actions here are pending until we get the HRRI
> RFC since we plan to reference it from XLink.
> 
> 
> 6. XML 1.0/1.1 4th/2nd Editions published 2006 August 16:
> 
>  Extensible Markup Language (XML) 1.0 (Fourth Edition)
>  http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/REC-xml-20060816
> 
>  Extensible Markup Language (XML) 1.1 (Second Edition)
>  http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/REC-xml11-20060816
> 
> ACTION to Francois:  Process PE 152 and 153 as accepted errata.
> 
> ACTION to Francois:  Put PE 157 into countdown.
> 
> ACTION to Francois:  Put PE 158 into countdown.

Done, see
http://www.w3.org/XML/2006/08/proposed-xml10-4e-and-xml11-2e-errata
http://www.w3.org/XML/xml-V10-4e-errata
http://www.w3.org/XML/xml-V11-2e-errata

> 
> ACTION to Richard:  Look at PE156 at
> http://www.w3.org/XML/2006/08/proposed-xml10-4e-and-xml11-2e-errata.html#PE156
> and comment.

Done, see
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2007Sep/0013

Section 5.2 says:

  For example, a non-validating processor may fail to [...] include the
  replacement text of internal entities [...] where doing so depends on
  having read declarations in external or parameter entities.

Richard suggests we change that to "... declarations in external 
or parameter entities, or in the internal subset after an unread 
parameter entity reference".

CONSENSUS with Richard's suggestion.

ACTION to Francois:  Update PE156 with Richard's suggestion as
the proposed resolution and put into countdown.

ACTION to Paul:  Reply to the commentor. [Already done.]

> ----
> 
> Henry/Richard discussed the test suite issues raised by Frans Englich:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-testsuite/2007Mar/ 
> 
> These need to be resolved. 
> 
> Richard reports that the 2005 issue has been resolved in the latest
> draft. 
> 
> The one from 2006, character references with numbers with dozens 
> of digits, may not be. 
> 
> ACTION: Richard to construct a test case for these issues.

ACTION to Richard continued.

> 
> 7. Namespaces in XML 1.0/1.1 2nd Editions published 2006 August 16:
> 
>  Namespaces in XML 1.0 (Second Edition)
>  http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/REC-xml-names-20060816
> 
>  Namespaces in XML 1.1 (Second Edition)
>  http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/REC-xml-names11-20060816
> 
> Richard has recorded Anne's issue/proposed resolution at
> http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2001/05/proposed-xml-names-errata#NPE27
> 
> 
> 8. XML 1.1 deployment.
> 
> 
> [1] http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core
> [2] http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#tasks
> [3] 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2007Sep/0005
> 
Received on Wednesday, 26 September 2007 16:06:42 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:16:38 UTC