RE: HRRI questions [was: Minutes for XML Core WG telcon of 2007 June 20]

From: Grosso, Paul <pgrosso@ptc.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 11:12:58 -0400
To: <public-xml-core-wg@w3.org>

OK, does anyone on the WG object to going the Proposed
Standard route?

> > It (now) seems to some of us that it may be reasonable
> > for the process passing an HRRI to dereferencing software
> > to do the percent encoding.
>
> I guess that depends on whether the dereferencing software
> speaks URI or HRRI.  If URI, then obviously the encoding has
> to be done before passing it in.

What we currently have in the draft ID is:

   Conversion from a Human Readable Resource Identifier to an IRI or a
   URI MUST be performed only when absolutely necessary and as late as
   possible in a processing chain.  In particular, neither the process
   of converting a relative Human Readable Resource identifier to an
   absolute one nor the process of passing a Human Readable Resource
   Identifier to a process or software component responsible for
   dereferencing it SHOULD trigger percent encoding.

How should we fix this paragraph?

paul