Last call comments on XML Binding Language (XBL) 2.0

From: Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 10:28:41 -0500
To: dev-tech-xbl@mozilla.org, public-appformats@w3.org
CC: public-xml-core-wg@w3.org
Apologies for the tardiness in sending these comments. The XML Core WG
has reviewed XML Binding Language (XBL) 2.0 and offers the following
two comments.

> 1.4.7. Extension Mechanisms

Section 1.4.7 speaks of the per-element partition of attribute names.
This is, I think, a holdover from the first edition of Namespaces in
XML. We suggest that it be updated to the terminology in the latest
Namespaces REC.

> 2.16. The id Attribute of XBL Elements

There is, of course, a historical preceding for naming attributes of
type ID "id". However, we recommend that the attribute of type ID in
XBL 2.0 be spelled "xml:id".

Norman Walsh
XML Standards Architect
Sun Microsystems, Inc.