Re: FW: Selectors API in Last Call

From: John Cowan <cowan@ccil.org>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 12:05:00 -0500
To: "Grosso, Paul" <pgrosso@ptc.com>
Cc: public-xml-core-wg@w3.org

Grosso, Paul scripsit:

> Any volunteers to review this for XML Core?

I have just done so (it's short enough).  The only XML Core issue I see is that a great
deal of fuss is made about the possibility of supporting case-insensitive namespace
prefixes by providing a suitable namespace resolver object (or function) that case-folds
the prefix before mapping it to a namespace.  Probably 10% of the document is concerned
with this possibility.

I don't see what it's all about.  Obviously a general-purpose resolver could accept
not only prefixes in the wrong case, but prefixes spelled backwards, too.  What of it?

--
Here lies the Christian,                        John Cowan
        judge, and poet Peter,                  http://www.ccil.org/~cowan