FW: Selectors API in Last Call

Any volunteers to review this for XML Core?

paul

-----Original Message-----
From: chairs-request@w3.org On Behalf Of Charles McCathieNevile
Sent: Sunday, 2007 December 23 6:52
To: w3c-html-cg@w3.org; W3C chairs
Subject: Selectors API in Last Call

Hi folks,

Selectors API [1] has now moved to last call. We had a long delay in
publishing while we waited for announcement of our charter extension, so
we are extending the deadline for review comments until 31 january.

This spec provides an API similar to getElementsById which allows you to
use CSS-style selectors to specify the things you are trying to collect.

Review (or a note saying you don't see any need for review, or a request
for further extension) is explicitly requested from the following groups:

  CSS, HTMLWG, MathML, PFWG, SVG, XHTML2, XML Core

Reviews should be sent to the public list public-webapi@w3.org and other
requests can be sent to member-webapi@w3.org

We would prefer not to have to grant extensions, in particular because we
run out of charter on 31 Jan, and will need to go through more
administrative hoopla to do anything (on past form this suggests a couple
of months hiatus although I hope we manage not to do that this time).

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-selectors-api-20071221/

cheers

Chaals