suggested reworded resolution of PE163

From: Grosso, Paul <pgrosso@ptc.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 12:23:27 -0500
To: <public-xml-core-wg@w3.org>

> ACTION to Richard and John (and any others):  Review

http://www.w3.org/XML/2006/08/proposed-xml10-4e-and-xml11-2e-errata.html
#PE163
> and let us know if you have any suggested revisions to the
> proposed resolution.

After discussion on the telcon, here is my suggested
rewording to the resolution for PE 163.

Change:

 Even though the VersionNum production matches any version
 number of the form '1.x', XML 1.0 documents SHOULD always
 specify the version number as '1.0'.

to:

 Even though the VersionNum production matches any version
 number of the form '1.x', XML 1.0 documents SHOULD NOT
 specify a version number other than '1.0'.

       Note

 When an XML 1.0 processor encounters a document that specifies
 a 1.x version number other than '1.0', it will process it as
 a 1.0 document.  This means that an XML 1.0 processor will accept
 1.x documents provided they do not use any non-1.0 features.

Comments?