Re: Minutes for XML Core WG telcon of 2006 September 27

Grosso, Paul a écrit :
>> 6. XML 1.0/1.1 4th/2nd Editions published 2006 August 16:
>>
> Henry sent updated status at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2006Sep/0073
>
> ACTION to Francois:  Produce HTML from the new XML
> and compare it to the old HTML to see if there are
> any inappropriate differences.

I did multiple comparisons between the old XML (in TR) and Henry's, the
old HTML and Henry's, as well with the HTML produced from Henry's new
XML using my set-up.  I used a diff program to highglight any
differences.  Unfortunately, apart from expected differences in
generated IDs, I found a couple of issues:

1) In the header, the sentence

   "Please refer to the errata for this document, which may include some
normative corrections."

is missing the word "some" in my freshly generated copy.  This text
comes from the stylesheet, not the XML. I generated using the stylesheet
stored in TR and verified that the latter does not have the word "some"
(nor did my local copy).  I cannot readily explain away this difference,
but the bottom line is that Henry's corrected version matches the one in
TR in this respect, so I stopped investigating.

2) There are a couple of cases of non-identical line breaks in the
source HTML, but I verified that they were inconsequential.

3) In 4.2.2 in both specs, the is the sentence:

   "The resulting bytes are escaped with the URI escaping mechanism
(that is, converted to %HH, where..."

In my generated copy, %HH came out as % HH (stray space after the %).  I
verified that this was due to the XML having a newline after the tags
surrounding the %.  Henry repaired the HTML (to the correct %HH), but
not the XML in this one case (in each of 1.0 and 1.1).  I scanned the
source for any other similar case but didn't find any.

In short, apart from issue 3, it looks like the only changes are the
intended ones, i.e. the removal of the stray spaces.

--
François