[Fwd: Re: Canonicalization xml:base processing]

Hi Richard,

please see below, and refer to the ulink element and the id attributes.

best regards
Konrad

Richard Tobin wrote:
> [...]
> So *if* the value of the xml:base attribute is always interpreted as a
> URI reference, then in the case xml:base="" or xml:base="#fragment"
> the base URI of the containing element is irrelevant, because such a
> URI reference is always a same-document reference.  If we accept this,
> then xml:base="" is a way to reset the base uri to that of the
> document.

I'm not sure that's in the spirit of  XInclude
<http://www.w3.org/TR/xinclude/> and xml:base
<http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlbase/>, however I'm not an expert for Xinclude.
Please consider the following slightly modified examples taken from Norm's
page (see. http://norman.walsh.name/2005/04/01/xinclude#p3).

chap01.xml:

<book xmlns="http://docbook.org/docbook-ng" version="ipa">
<title id="c1-top">My Book</title>
<chapter version="ipa">
<title id="c1-start">My Chapter</title>
<para>This is my chapter.</para>
<mediaobject>
<imageobject>
<imagedata fileref="picture.png"/>
</imageobject>
</mediaobject>
<unlink uri="#c1-top">Included from here</ulink>
<unlink uri="#">Source File</ulink>
</chapter>
</book>

<book xmlns="http://docbook.org/docbook-ng"

       xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"
       version="ipa">
<title>My Book</title>
<xi:include href="chapters/chap01.xml#"/>
</book>

<book xmlns="http://docbook.org/docbook-ng"
       xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"
       version="ipa">
<title id="c1-top">My Book</title>
<chapter xmlns="http://docbook.org/docbook-ng"
          version="ipa"
          xml:base="chapters/chap01.xml#c1-start">
<title>My Chapter</title>

--
Konrad Lanz, IAIK/SIC - Graz University of Technology
Inffeldgasse 16a, 8010 Graz, Austria

Certificate chain (including the EuroPKI root certificate):
https://europki.iaik.at/ca/europki-at/cert_download.htm